Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Opening Ceremony has just created a limited-edition collection inspired by Spike Jonzes latest film,"Where the Wild Things Are". The collection is inspired by the furry characters and includes faux fur parkas, fuzzy jackets, and an amazing playsuit complete with a hood and raccoon tail. It all looks so cozy and fun.
I. WANT. THIS.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Dolce and Gabbana's Spring/Summer 2010 collection was filled with masculine tailoring, lingerie-like pieces, and rose patterned dresses. The collection was feminine and sweet yet it was also heavy influenced by menswear. In my opinion, thats what D&G does best, takes a classic menswear look and updates it by making it for women in new prints and silhouettes. Here are my top 3 looks:
1. A black, lace, layered ruffled dress paired with a blazer.
2. A rose printed top paired with matching shorts.
3. A classic menswear suit updated with lace details.
LOVE the accessories and details.
D&G - FALL 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
"Optimism was the theme for the collection" Miuccia Prada said. The Prada Spring/Summer 2010 collection was filled with great tailored classic pieces, with a futrustic twist. Black and white pieces opened the show, filled with crystal detailing and floral prints. Then, suddenly a desert-print jacket paired with a blue silk skirt hit the runway, followed by pieces filled with exotic prints and colors. The prints seemed somewhat Andy Warhol inspired. The show ended with beautiful white pieces filed with crystal embellishments. Here are my top 4 looks:
1. A black and white floral coat paired with matching shorts and a gray top.
2. A cut-out top paired with a beach print skirt in hot pinks and blues.
3. A desert printed jacket with blue satin printed shorts.
4. A white crop top with matching underwear covered in a sea of crystals.
I am obsessed with these prints:
Friday, September 25, 2009
I am in love with Erin Wasson. If I were to name one person who is the epitome of grunge-chic, it would be her. She does everything in the fashion industry from modeling, to styling, to jewelry design, and to making her own line for RVCA. The line for RVCA was full of baggy tank tops, vests, denim shorts and jeans. It was a whole collection of wardrobe staples. For Alexander Wang's Fall 2008 collection, Erin styled the show and sent the girls down the runway in her Luw Luv jewelry collection. The collection featured body chains, huge funky rings, and tough metal cuffs. Bottom line is, she's pretty great.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
I have always loved Mary Kate Olsen's style. Yes, she went through her grunge phase but lately, she has been looking so chic. Wether its throwing a plaid flannel shirt over a pair of leggings or wearing couture on the red carpet, she always looks great. Here are my top 4 looks of hers:
1. A Rodarte-inspired Topshop sweater over a cream pleated skirt, paired with gladiator sandals. Very chic and relaxed.
2. A floral top paired with a boyfriend blazer, baggy denim shorts, and thigh high gladiator sandals. I love how she mixes a classic menswear blazer with a feminine top.
3. A flowy printed tunic paired with an headpiece. From the Nylon, December 2007 issue.
4. Mary Kate looked gorgeous in a feathered black gown belted at the waist. Met Gala 2007.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Burberry celebrated its 25th anniversary yesterday, and boy oh boy, did they celebrate. To end London Fashion Week, they presented a magnificent collection of dresses and trench coats in pastel colors, rouging and ruffled details, and silver encrusting. Amazing.
Lets face it, Marc Jacobs is a god. My friends and I are obsessed with everything that he does, from his fun graphic tee shirts to his gorgeous collections. Each season he continues to deliver beautiful collections, last season was an ode to the 80's, this season was devoted to opera and theater. The collection featured tons of ruffled dresses and skirts, beautiful coats with cut-out details, and long flowy, Aladdin- like jumpsuits. Since there are so many looks, I narrowed it down to my top three favorite looks.
1. A mini dress filled with tons of ruffles (of course!) in a mix of green, pink, and
2. A purple sheer jumpsuit, with ruffle detailing at the legs, a white button down shirt underne-
ath, and a beautiful coat with cut-out detailing. The coat is clearly the star of this look, its detailing reminded me of a lace doily.
3. The final look in the collection, a layered, nude sheer dress
with subtle black ruffle detailing.
Now, lets move on to accessories. While many designers were showing sky-high heels, Marc Jacob's stuck to flats. I thought that this was pretty cool on his part, although the flats werent my favorite, it was still great to see unique flats on the runway. The bags were amazing, of course. They were covered in fringe, polka dots, and snakeskin. I loved the fringe tassels! He even showed a fanny-pack! Thats what I love about Marc Jacobs, he can take something so uncool, update it by putting it in a great, unique fabric
and make it the hottest accessory.