Wednesday, September 23, 2009

RUNWAY OBSESSION - MARC JACOBS

Lets face it, Marc Jacobs is a god. My friends and I are obsessed with everything that he does, from his fun graphic tee shirts to his gorgeous collections. Each season he continues to deliver beautiful collections, last season was an ode to the 80's, this season was devoted to opera and theater. The collection featured tons of ruffled dresses and skirts, beautiful coats with cut-out details, and long flowy, Aladdin- like jumpsuits. Since there are so many looks, I narrowed it down to my top three favorite looks.

1. A mini dress filled with tons of ruffles (of course!) in a mix of green, pink, and
blue.
2. A purple sheer jumpsuit, with ruffle detailing at the legs, a white button down shirt underne-
ath, and a beautiful coat with cut-out detailing. The coat is clearly the star of this look, its detailing reminded me of a lace doily.
3. The final look in the collection, a layered, nude sheer dress
with subtle black ruffle detailing.











Now, lets move on to accessories. While many designers were showing sky-high heels, Marc Jacob's stuck to flats. I thought that this was pretty cool on his part, although the flats werent my favorite, it was still great to see unique flats on the runway. The bags were amazing, of course. They were covered in fringe, polka dots, and snakeskin. I loved the fringe tassels! He even showed a fanny-pack! Thats what I love about Marc Jacobs, he can take something so uncool, update it by putting it in a great, unique fabric
 and make it the hottest accessory.































No comments:

Post a Comment